It is time for Stacy over at Visual Venturing, ABFriday One Photo Focus (make sure you click on the link to see how everyone edited the photo submitted by Shane Francescut of The Weekly Minute. I adore this challenge for a couple of fun reasons, especially this month because everyone edits the same photo. It is always interesting to work with someone else’s photo and see what I can discover in their photography.
Here Francescut’s untouched photo. I think it is really an interesting photo.
The first thing that I really noticed was the teeter totter in the foreground. So I decided I wanted to highlight it. I also like the red on the the teeter totter. The next thing I noticed was that there was enough clouds that I could actually highlight them and pull up some drama.
- Some of the steps I took for this photo are:
- Cut the photo in half using basically the left side.
- Brighten up the red on the teeter totter.
- Made the foreground a littler sunnier.
- Darkened the sky and added more contrast to the photo.
- The added a lot of clarity to give it almost a HDR feeling.
Editing was done in Adobe Bridge and Nik Software.
Qi (energy) hugs