It is time for Stacy over at Visual Venturing, One Photo Focus Challenge. Please make sure you click on the link to see how everyone edited the photo submitted by Helen Chen — HHC Blog. Here is her original photo.
I found Helen’s photo tricky for me to edit. I knew I wanted to crop it and tried a few different crops. I finally decided to crop out the right side and some and the sky which was a little burnt out. I wanted to keep the focus on all the super cool roots that surrounded the building. So here is basically what I did.
- Adjusted for Helen’s camera and lens.
- Dehazed the photo slightly.
- Turned it into black and white, because I think it shows the detail more.
- Cropped the image.
- Brought up the clarity to define the roots and bricks better.
- I also lightened up the inside of the building so you could get a better sense of the depth in the building.
All my editing was done in Adobe Bridge.
Qi (energy) hugs