With your answers, please remember we are in the SYW world and which may not always match our reality.
Today is Memorial Day in the USA (see my answer for more history of the holiday below). Aside from remembering the men and women who died while serving in the Armed Forces, Memorial Day (last Monday in May) typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day (first Monday in September) marks summers end.
Anyhow I only have three questions for you this week.
- Every country in the world has lost men and women in some kind of Armed Forces. When does your country celebrate or morn their deaths? (Optional)
- What is your favorite holiday or holidays?
- How do you celebrate that holiday?
I sincerely hope you enjoy my questions for this week and find the questions interesting enough to play along. If you ever want me to ask anything specific, please feel free to contact me. You don’t think a lot about these questions, unless of course it is FUN for you. Simply dream and just let loose, or you let your alter ego answer if you want. Have a fabulous week everyone!!
Even though I oftentimes will add photos to my answers, it is not a requirement to participate in Share your World.
Here is the basic format. I will ask you:
- To answer three random questions each week.
- Respond to a fourth item (I will randomly chose from this list)
- Making a List out of a topic
- Completing the sentence I start
- Answering a Would you Rather question
- Bonus Question is always the same “What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?” Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.
To view older version of Share Your World (SYW), click here.
If you adore challenges as much as I do, please check out WordPress’s Blog Event Listing for other challenges.
I will post four different questions each week for you to answer. There are two ways which you can participate.
- Create a SYW post. Then post the link to your blog in my comment box or leave your answers in the comments box of my blog.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Share Your World” or “SYW” tag.
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly reminders.
I usually will respond to your entry on your blog, rather than on my page.
HERE ARE MY ANSWERS
Every country in the world has lost men and women in some kind of Armed Forces. When does your country celebrate or morn their deaths?
Here is a note USA’s Memorial (from Wikipedia)
Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for remembering the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces. The holiday, which is observed every year on the last Monday of May, originated as Decoration Day after the American Civil War in 1868, when the Grand Army of the Republic, an organization of Union veterans founded in Decatur, Illinois, established it as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the Union war dead with flowers. By the 20th century, competing Union and Confederate holiday traditions, celebrated on different days, had merged, and Memorial Day eventually extended to honor all Americans who died while in the military service. It typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.
Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day, November 11 celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans.
What is your favorite holiday or holidays? Every day of the year, or as Chris says “any day I (cee) wake up”.
How do you celebrate that holiday? Chris and I don’t celebrate holidays and never have. We don’t feel like waiting for a specific day including birthdays and our anniversary to say I love you. We buy each other little gifts or big gifts anytime we feel like. So any day in our house is mostly like to have some sort of celebration of living, loving and just enjoying each other. And in case you are wondering, feet rubs and back scratches can count as a gift and often times do. About the only dates we pay attention to Chinese Seasons and that is more because we change some habits depending on the time of the year.
Qi (energy) hugs