It is time for Stacy over at Visual Venturing, One Photo Focus Challenge. Please make sure you click on the link to see how everyone edited the photo submitted by Bren Ryan of RyanPhotography. Bren’s original photo is just below this paragraph.
Bren takes absolutely gorgeous photos. If you are not familiar with her, please check out her blog, it is a feast for your eyes. In my area of the world, we don’t have anything close to this old of a building. I simply adore this photo. Here are some basic steps I took to transform this photo.
- This is a very cool old structure and I wanted to highlight the details and the fact that over the centuries it had settled and was no longer perfectly straight. I did was adjust some of the buildings perspective (vertical and horizontal lines) to make it more pleasing to the eye.
- I didn’t like the buildings to the far left of the photo, so I knew that I would be cropping out that part of the photo. I ended up cropping the left side to just past the edge of the turret which makes it appear straighter.
- I sharpened the photo to bring out the texture.
- Then I darkened the clouds a little bit and added some light and vibrance to the photo.
- Then I applied a couple of layers in Efex Pro 4.o to add a little more character.
Here is my interpretation of this photo.
Qi (energy) hugs