This week’s CFFC topic is Anything to do with trains and railroads. There are so many things that you can photograph regarding trains, railroads, train depots, etc. Big trains, vintage trains, toy trains, miniature railroads all count. It will be fun to see what you all come up with to delight me. Be creative and mostly have a lot of fun.
This challenge both new and archived photos are allowed. The main purpose of this challenge is to create community and get to know each other through photography.
I had a marvelous response from all of you on last week’s Anything to do with jets and planes challenge. I want to say thank you to each of you. Here are the featured bloggers for this week. Their posts really grabbed my attention. They are all worthy of a second or third look.
Current Challenge Series – to do …
- Anything to do with cars and trucks
- Anything to do with boats
- Anything to do with planes and jets
- Anything to do with trains and railroads
- Anything to do with bikes, trikes or motorcycles
Next Challenge Topics – All About Buildings …
- Special Request: Wilting, dead or aging flowers and leaves
- All about buildings: Old buildings, barns, sheds, houses
- All about buildings: Modern homes and apartments
- All about buildings: Commercial buildings or store fronts
- All about buildings: Colorful buildings
- All about buildings: Doors and windows
Please check out my Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge to check out more of what this challenge is about.
My entry for this week
This first photo is of men working on the railroad tracks in Canby, Oregon. There are two sets of tracks. The workers on the green flatbed is on one set of tracks and the yellow loader on the other set. I’m not sure what they were doing, but in the lower middle you can see a huge round metal disk-like thing they were lowering. If you notice the yellow loader has two sets of tires. The rubber tires are wider than rail tracks and the metal wheels fit onto the rail tracks themselves.
A mural of Canby’s Depot when it was used. That Depot is now a small train museum.
I’ve put together a list of challenges and their hosts. So if you know a challenge host, please direct them to my blog. Feel free to contact me anytime. I hope everyone will be able to use my lists.
- Qi (energy) hugs,