Welcome to the home page of Photographing Public Art Challenge (PPAC). Marsha Ingrao from Always Write blog and I are co-hosting this challenge.
I think we bring together two very different aspects of seeing the world. Marsha loves to tell stories about her photos. I love to let my photo tell the story. We will take turns every other week exploring art in public places. Please post your entries to the appropriate host. We invite you to join in the fun of exposing public art where you find it – at home or in your travels.
Public art is which encompasses any form of art you see in a public place, large or small, statues, murals, graffiti, gardens, Christmas lights, even buildings or bridges. The art should be visible from streets, sidewalks or outdoor public places.
- Seasonal Displays
- Statues and Sculptures
- Store Windows
- Car Shows
- Artistic Construction (Bridge, benches and buildings)
- Wall Art
You may want to check out this article “What is public art?” to get a better idea about what art is allowed in this challenge.
- Art has to be freely visible from a public street, walkway.
- The challenge starts every Friday by 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time.
- Visit two or three other of the participants in the community and leave them a comment.
Things to keep in mind. Most art museums photography is not allowed. We want to make sure that art is free to the public. A fairly safe rule is, if you can see it from a street or sidewalk, you can take a photo it Also please keep your posts and photos must be G-Rated.
Create a PPAC Post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos and post, title your blog post “Photographing Public Art Challenge” or “PPAC” tag.
- Remember to follow our blogs to get your weekly reminders.
Tips from Cee
I have recently started a Tips from Cee’s page, you many want to check it out every once in awhile. You may pick up an idea or two for your own photography.
Here is a list of past posts.
- PPAC #19
- PPAC #18
- PPAC #17
- PPAC #16
- PPAC #15
- PPAC #14
- PPAC #13
- PPAC #12
- PPAC #11
- PPAC #10
- PPAC #9
- PPAC #8
- PPAC #7
- PPAC #6
- PPAC #5
- PPAC #4
- PPAC #3
- PPAC #2
- PPAC: (Photographing Public Art Challenge) #1
For the Love of Challenges
I’ve put together a list of challenges and their hosts. So if you know a challenge host, please direct them to my blog. Feel free to contact me anytime. I hope everyone will be able to use my lists.